Friday, December 12, 2014

My iPad Air Review: 1 year later!!

                                              

       Looks: So the iPad Air is pretty much a slightly bigger version of the iPad mini 3. Apple claims that because it's lighter it is easier to carry around. When it comes in at about 1 pound it is lighter than most tablets and even some phones. Apple worked hard for the ultra thin design that most companies are busting there butts off to make a success. There's nothing really that special about the outside. 

     Specs: The iPad Air comes in with has a Retina display that's 9.7 inches diagonally. It has a 2048-by-1536 resolution and 264 P.P.I (pixels per inch). It has a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating. It has an A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and a M7 coprocesser. 

     Durability: Now, I have dropped the iPad Air a couple of times. The case is in sort of bad condition. The top right corner has a minor scuff. I haven't dropped it screen down but many other people have and it didn't end well. Generally, Apple doesn't have good screen protection. 
      
      Function: With my iPad running at IOS 8.1.2 it runs at decent speed. It's not as fast as a iPhone 6 or Note 4 but it's pretty good. Granted my iPad Air isn't as good as it used to be so when I ran a benchmark on Geekbench 3 it is not too far behind the factory fresh speed.
      
       What should I get??: Well if you don't own an iPad and you are planning to get one then go for the iPad Air 2. If you already have an iPad Air and is considering getting the iPad Air 2 then just stay with the iPad Air. You aren't getting that much of a different package. The iPad Air 2 has Touch ID, is not too much thinner, and has different color choices. That's really all that's different in the iPad Air 2.
    
      So I give the iPad Air 4.5 stars. The iPad Air is a good product. With it's bigger brother the iPad Air 2 coming even thinner than the normal iPad Air. If you want another tech review then comment below and let me know. And keep up with me if you want to see more posts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment